Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lucky

Andrew was in a very good mood yesterday and sometimes those are hard to come by. On the way home from school he was given a lollipop from our bank. He studied it, licked and smiled and began a conversation with me:
Andrew: "Mom, are you very lucky a lot?"
Me: "Andrew...I am so very lucky everyday because I have you."
Andrew: "So then that makes me very very lucky because I have you Mommy!"
Later he was kind enough to include Daddy and Mommy and to top it all off, before he fell asleep last night, he stared at me lovingly and smiled and then kissed each cheek, each eyelid, my chin and then my nose.
Back to reality this morning when he threw a bag of graham crackers on the truck floor and yelled "You clean it up!" Obviously that didn't go over well with me but will all of his buttering up yesterday it could have gone worse for him today. How is it that he is already old enough to learn this art form that I perfected in my teenage years?

No comments:

Post a Comment