Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cover your ears

Warning:
Contains language not suitable for young children or even some adults.

So a not so sweet and fuzzy conversation occurred between Andrew and myself yesterday afternoon. He was explaining that he was a "bad guy" on the playground today and that he had a "bad guy name":

Me: "What kind of bad guy name did you give yourself today kiddo?"
Andrew: "F%@&er!" (rhymes with Stuck Her)
Me: (Pausing for a looong time to determine the best reaction for this awful word) Andrew, we need to talk about this word. Do you think it good word to use?
Andrew: "No"
Me: "Why did you choose this word? Did you hear mommy and daddy use this word?"
Andrew: "Yes. I thought you were teaching me to use the word because you said it."
Umm... Not good Jennifer, not good at all.
Okay so clearly the conversation went on for awhile after this but ultimately we decided that a really good bad guy name would be "Stinker" and that Mommy & Andrew made terrible choices that will warrant soap in the mouth in the future. I am fully expecting a call from the school at any time now.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when your children show you how you act or sound. It has bit me in the butt on many occassions. I love the way that you handeled it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! I hate it when that happens! You are such a wonderful Mommy....nice save! My Mom used to keep tobasco sauce in the house for my brother Dick's mouth, but I think if she could have managed it, my Dad would have been a hot contender for it's use. Hang in there, motherhood only gets more and more fun!

    Love from Andrew's Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. His bad guy name was feather? What kind of bad guy name is that? Stinker is no good either all the kids are gonna call him poopy pants. How about Darth Andrew. I like it.

    ReplyDelete