Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scorpion In My Pants

I wish the title of this post was some kind of metaphor for something silly but the truth is, I really did find a scorpion in my pants. My little friend hung out in my pants for an hour and half before he made his presence known by tickling my bum while I was at work. I immediately grabbed it from the outside of my pants and streaked down the hallway with my pants coming down faster than I was running. It stung my thumb in the process but wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.
Now this isn't the first time I have found a critter in my pants but this time he hung out a lot longer than I would have expected. Todd is no stranger to scorpions either. Several weeks ago a dead scorpion slipped out of his pants onto the kitchen floor and since we have moved to Georgetown he has had one crawl under the arch of his bare foot and another tickle his bare chest while he laid on the floor. Although I have been stung twice and the pain was really mild both times, I worry about Andrew and the baby. Our monthly pest control spray isn't quite doing the trick. Any suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is crazy. Tammi would not be able to deal with that. She goes crazy just spotting a spider 5 feet away from her. If she had a scorpion on her I would probably pee my pants from laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary!! I don't have any suggestions for you because we do not have scorpions here. I hope you can find a solution soon though.

    ReplyDelete